Schools can enter as many or as few athletes as they wish, however, 3 runners will count for each team. If schools are one runner short they can still finish a team. In this situation, they would receive the last finisher position +1.
1) Children must run in the correct year group.
2) Children must only run in one race.
3) No pacing by anyone.
4) Only children from the registered schools may compete.
5) Children from schools that are not registered or from out the area may not compete and will be disqualified.
6) All schools must provide support/marshal at one of the 3 races.
7) No spikes to be worn.
8) No metal stud football boots to be worn.
9) Trainers or football boots with moulded studs can be worn.
The race distances are approximately:
Year 3: 1200m
Year 4: 1600m
Year 5: 2000m
Year 6: 2000m
Year 7/8: 2000m